Patient Assessment – Abdominal Pain
Available in VR and web browser
David is a 32-year-old male suffering with abdominal discomfort for the past three days. He presents to an outpatient clinic for assessment. As a health care provider, your task is to conduct an initial assessment of his condition by asking him questions and obtaining a health history. His responses to your questions will be the basis on which you develop a list of possible differential diagnoses for the cause of his abdominal pain.
In this multiplayer AI-based patient assessment VR activity, users can conduct a realistic conversation with a virtual patient. As in a real-life patient interaction, the user is free to ask the patient any question and expect an intelligible response.
- Collect and evaluate pertinent health assessment data through application of clinical knowledge, skills, and experience.
- Apply the diagnostic reasoning process during a simulated patient health assessment encounter.
- Formulate diagnostic hypotheses through the application of one’s clinical experience, knowledge of pathophysiology, and obtained health history assessment data.
- Evaluate obtained health history information to formulate relevant differential diagnoses.
- Bickley, L. S., Szilagyi, P. G., Hoffman, R. M., & Soriano, R. P. (2020). Bates’ pocket guide to physical examination and history taking. Lippincott Williams & Wilkins.
- Dunphy, L. M., Winland-Brown, J., Porter, B., & Thomas, D. (2022). Primary care: Art and science of advanced practice nursing. FA Davis.
- Swartz, M. H. (2020). Textbook of physical diagnosis E-book: history and examination. Elsevier Health Sciences.
Customize Your Case
Build your own AI-Humans patient
MedVR Education is bringing to you a no-code authoring platform to create new patient cases and customized patient history. Put together your own cases by making selections from a wide range of customizing features.
- Create with web-based authoring tool
- Publish in VR, desktop, and mobile devices
- Train your virtual patient by yourself
- Select patient from a diverse background
- Choose preferred virtual environment
- Perform real-time testing
- Track and train new data
- AI Patient Assessment
- Natural Language Processing
Core Skills Training
In this AI-based patient assessment the user is expected to conduct an initial assessment and obtain a health history of the patient with a chief complaint of abdominal pain by asking questions related to the patient’s chief complaint. A good and relevant selection of history questions will help the user develop a list of differential diagnoses regarding the cause of the patient’s abdominal pain. Practicing with this AI-based patient assessment activity will help users gain experience in obtaining a health history and interact with patients more effectively in real-life situations. Users will develop soft skills like effective communication, observation, critical thinking, listening, and analyzing. The user will also gain confidence in conducting patient assessments when out in the real-world arena.