Available in VR and web browser
This Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) assessment module is built on the AI-Humans platform. It uses generalized AI powered by large language model. In this open scenario users can practice their skillsets in training and assessment modes. Users are free to ask the virtual human any question from any subject and get an intelligible response.
While the user is free to ask any question, the system does provide a set of questions in the training mode that can serve as clues. The user may or may not ask those specific questions. In the assessment mode, the users are required to ask the patient questions and enter data in the EHR.
Conversing with the patient and correctly entering information in an EHR is an important part of a patient assessment activity as this data serves as a reference point for all future treatment plans. This module provides practice in asking patients relevant questions, carefully listening, understanding the answer, and entering data in the EHR. The user’s performance can be viewed and reviewed by the trainers and instructors.
- Build knowledge of patient’s trauma history
- Demonstrate understanding of patient’s health concerns
- Approach the patient’s trauma case with objectivity
- Conduct an accurate diagnosis
- Input data in an EHR
- Gain improved professional competence
- Blake, D. D., Weathers, F. W., Nagy, L. M., Kaloupek, D. G., Gusman, F. D., Charney, D. S., & Keane, T. M. (1995). The development of a Clinician-Administered PTSD Scale. Journal of traumatic stress, 8(1), 75-90.
- Breslau, N., Peterson, E. L., & Schultz, L. R. (2008). A second look at prior trauma and the posttraumatic stress disorder effects of subsequent trauma: a prospective epidemiological study. Archives of general psychiatry, 65(4), 431-437.
- Davidson, J. R., Book, S. W., Colket, J. T., Tupler, L. A., Roth, S., David, D., … & Feldman, M. E. (1997). Assessment of a new self-rating scale for post-traumatic stress disorder. Psychological medicine, 27(1), 153-160.
Customize Your Case
Build your own AI-Humans patient
MedVR Education is bringing to you a no-code authoring platform to create new patient cases and customized patient history. Put together your own cases by making selections from a wide range of customizing features.
- Create with web-based authoring tool
- Publish in VR, desktop, and mobile devices
- Train your virtual patient by yourself
- Select patient from a diverse background
- Choose preferred virtual environment
- Perform real-time testing
- Track and train new data
- AI Patient Assessment
- Natural Language Processing
Mark is a 38-year-old male who has been in a car accident close to four months back and is now visiting for a PTSD assessment. On his way home from work, a car jumped a red-light signal and came crashing into Mark’s car. He was travelling with a co-worker and they both suffered minor injuries. Additionally, Mark developed a back pain due to the impact of the hit. Mark does not vividly remember the details of the accident but gets agitated and anxious at the mere thought of it. He tries to push away the memories of the incident but often wakes up from his sleep in a traumatized state. The constant back pain serves as another reminder of the accident. As a healthcare provider, your task is to assess Mark’s condition, ask him relevant questions and understand his mental state to arrive at a decision about his treatment plan.