Available in VR and web browser
This Suicidal Ideation patient assessment module is built on the AI-Humans platform. It uses generalized AI powered by large language model. In this open scenario users can practice their skillsets in training and assessment modes. Users are free to ask the virtual human any question from any subject and get an intelligible response.
While the user is free to ask any question, the system does provide a set of questions in the training mode that can serve as clues. The user may or may not ask those specific questions. In the assessment mode, the users are required to ask the patient questions and enter data in the EHR.
Conversing with the patient and correctly entering information in an EHR is an important part of a patient assessment activity as this data serves as a reference point for all future treatment plans. This module provides practice in asking patients relevant questions, carefully listening, understanding the answer, and entering data in the EHR. The user’s performance can be viewed and reviewed by the trainers and instructors.
- Collect data and evaluate patient’s state of mental health
- Identify the presence and severity of suicidal ideation
- Investigate and evaluate current mental health status
- Assess social support and interpersonal relationships
- Correctly enter data in an EHR to help formulate a line of treatment
- Safety planning intervention: A brief intervention to mitigate suicide risk by Stanley, B., Brown, G. K., Brenner, L. A., et al. (Cognitive and Behavioral Practice, 2018).
- Practice guideline for the assessment and treatment of patients with suicidal behaviors by the American Psychiatric Association (APA).
- Clinical Practice Guideline for the Management of Suicide Risk by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs and the Department of Defense.
- Assessment and Management of Suicidal Patients: Emergent Care for the Suicidal Patient by the American College of Emergency Physicians (ACEP).
Customize Your Case
Build your own AI-Humans patient
MedVR Education is bringing to you a no-code authoring platform to create new patient cases and customized patient history. Put together your own cases by making selections from a wide range of customizing features.
- Create with web-based authoring tool
- Publish in VR, desktop, and mobile devices
- Train your virtual patient by yourself
- Select patient from a diverse background
- Choose preferred virtual environment
- Perform real-time testing
- Track and train new data
- AI Patient Assessment
- Natural Language Processing
Thomas is 27-years-old. He is visiting because he is scared of his own thoughts and is upset about the way he has been feeling mentally. He admits to having suicidal thoughts and has also considered ways to kill himself. He is extremely disturbed with his state of affairs and wants help in putting an end to it all. As a mental health technician, your task is to initiate a conversation with the client, make them feel at ease, ask relevant questions, understand their mental state and enter data correctly in the EHR. This collected data will be the first step towards formulating an assessment of the client’s mental health and initiating a line of treatment.