Available in VR and web browser
This Suicidal Ideation patient assessment tool is designed to help learners practice their patient assessment skills.
Employing end-to-end AI and technologies like large language model (LLM) and deep learning, these virtual ‘clients’ possess the ability to respond like real humans. Learners can conduct a completely organic conversation with the client, asking them about their symptoms and problems faced. Based on the client’s responses, a line of diagnosis can be established, and treatment plan formulated.
The MedVR Ed XR Platform provides trainers and instructors the facility to review conversation logs and analyze learner performance based on customized rubrics. Based on the performance review, trainers will be able to provide precise and effective feedback.
- Collect data and evaluate patient’s state of mental health
- Identify the presence and severity of suicidal ideation
- Investigate and evaluate current mental health status
- Assess social support and interpersonal relationships
- Safety planning intervention: A brief intervention to mitigate suicide risk by Stanley, B., Brown, G. K., Brenner, L. A., et al. (Cognitive and Behavioral Practice, 2018).
- Practice guideline for the assessment and treatment of patients with suicidal behaviors by the American Psychiatric Association (APA).
- Clinical Practice Guideline for the Management of Suicide Risk by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs and the Department of Defense.
- Assessment and Management of Suicidal Patients: Emergent Care for the Suicidal Patient by the American College of Emergency Physicians (ACEP).
Customize Your Case
Build your own AI-Humans patient
MedVR Education is bringing to you a no-code authoring platform to create new patient cases and customized patient history. Put together your own cases by making selections from a wide range of customizing features.
- Create with web-based authoring tool
- Publish in VR, desktop, and mobile devices
- Train your virtual patient by yourself
- Select patient from a diverse background
- Choose preferred virtual environment
- Perform real-time testing
- Track and train new data
- AI Patient Assessment
- Natural Language Processing
Thomas is 27-years-old. He is visiting because he is scared of his own thoughts and is upset about the way he has been feeling mentally. He admits to having suicidal thoughts and has also considered ways to kill himself. He is extremely disturbed with his state of affairs and wants help in putting an end to it all. As a mental health professional, whether a psychiatrist, technician, or someone with a social work background, your task is to initiate a conversation with the client, make them feel at ease, ask relevant questions, understand their mental state. This will help in formulating an assessment of the client’s mental health and initiating a line of treatment.